Getting Schools Hooked on Nomadic - by Susie MillarDecember 29 2009
During 2010, I’ll be doing my best to get primary school children interested in SS Nomadic’s restoration project. Nomadic was moved to its new home at Hamilton Dock in Titanic Quarter in August and contractors will be starting work early in the New Year. As this process continues, it is important to keep a level of public interest and support in the project.Read more…
Lords of the Rings - Dispelling the myths from Titanic’s DockDecember 11 2009
Lords of the Rings - Dispelling the myths at Titanic’s Dock - The world’s most advanced science demystified from Titanic’s Dock.
Excellent understanding of the World’s largest Scientific Experiment was provided in one of Northern Ireland’s most leading edge Education projects ever to be undertaken – from Titanic’s Dock at the Northern Ireland Science Park. The project was successfully ‘docked and delivered’ with a precision that reflected positively the science and engineering associated with Titanic’s Dock, which at it’s time, nearly 100 years ago, was the largest dock in the world and capable of hosting the largest man made object of its time (Titanic), whilst being capable of empyting a staggering 23 million gallons of water in under 2 hours!Read more…
Time to Catch the Tide: H&W could lead Northern Ireland in a potential energy revolutionNovember 27 2009
With the unique asset of Harland and Wolff combined with some of the fiercest tides in the world, Northern Ireland stands on the edge of a potential energy revolution which can help secure its energy supplies, create and retain highly-skilled local manufacturing jobs, propel the region as a centre of excellence in the marine energy sector and assist its population with reduced electricity bills in the future.
Launch of New Titanic Parish, BelfastNovember 20 2009
Brand new Church of Ireland parish to be launched at Belfast’s Titanic Quarter.Read more…
Memorial Service for Millvena Dean, Titanic’s youngest and last survivorNovember 02 2009
Representatives from Belfast Titanic Society travelled to Southampton to attend a Memorial Service for Millvena Dean, Titanic’s youngest and last survivor.Read more…
Titanic Memorial Cruise: 100 year anniversary voyage to set sail 2012November 02 2009
British travel firm Miles Morgan Travel are taking reservations for this unique cruise that will commemorate the Titanic’s tragic voyage in April 1912.Read more…
- Titanic memorial plaque to remember the workers who sadly lost their lives
- Titanic Island Game, Free Titanic e-Book… coming soon!
- National Science & Engineering Week 9th to the 18th of March 2012
- Titanic Belfast - Check out this short video on the biggest Titanic Experience in the world!
- Taking the plunge Titanic style - Courtesy BBC news
- Titanifacts and Titanic Dock shortlisted in 2011 Belfast Business Awards
- Tales From the shipyard - screening at QFT in Belfast
- CEO Announced for Titanic Belfast
- Merry Christmas from 1910 - what a cracker… courtesy of the British Film Institute
- BBC Report - New species of bacteria found in Titanic ‘rusticles’